- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space: Episode 4 - Pet Shock Boys - Puppy Pan...
- Sci-Fi News: Twelfth Doctor's Second Sonic Screwdriver Blasts into Charac...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go takes-off for third series
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
Although being the backdrop of numerous science fiction films and television shows, Wales remains largely untouched when it comes to sci-fi conventions, with only a handful of annual events running in the country at the time of writing this article. Thankfully, this is about to change with the announcement of Scifi Wales, "North Wales' premier science fiction event". Operated by UK Conventions Limited, Scifi Wales will be held each year in the beautiful seaside resort of Llandudno at the award-winning Venue Cymru. Set to launch in September of next year, the event already boasts an amazing line-up of celebrity guests, exclusive talks and panels, cosplay, retro arcade and much more. The event is also being held in support of the Alzheimer's Society, and will include a charity auction as well as other fund raising activities.
UK Conventions Limited have also confirmed that they will also be hosting smaller attractions throughout the year, all held around the Llandudno area to show their support for North Wales as an amazing sci-fi venue. Managing Director Robert Dyer says, "We are truly committed to starting something special for the people of North Wales, not only do we want to put on an amazing family event but we also want to help promote North Wales as a tourist destination. We have lots of things planned throughout the year to make Scifi Wales and Llandudno a great place for sci-fi fans to visit and enjoy".
Some of the latest guest announcements include Doctor Who's young Amy Pond (Caitlin Blackwood) who will be making her only UK convention appearance during 2015 at Scifi Wales, Red Dwarf legends Robert Llewellyn and Hattie Hayridge, Gerry Anderson star Richard James as well as Jamie Anderson the son of Gerry and Farscape's Virginia Hey, a huge fan favourite at conventions around the world. Scifi Wales will also see appearances from John Lenahan, Paul Kasey, M.G. Harris, Tabitha Lyons, Lee Sullivan and Lucy Saxon and we have been assured that many more guests will be added to the line-up before next September.
This is certainly exciting news for science fiction fans in North Wales, and even the surrounding areas, and we will certainly be bringing you further news as and when it becomes available. We will also have a team at Scifi Wales to review the event next year!
More information can be found on the Scifi Wales website at www.scifiwales.uk and tickets can be ordered at www.scifiwales.uk/tickets or via the Venue Cymru box office on 01492 872000. Tickets start at just £10 each and are available now.