- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space: Episode 4 - Pet Shock Boys - Puppy Pan...
- Sci-Fi News: Twelfth Doctor's Second Sonic Screwdriver Blasts into Charac...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go takes-off for third series
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back on to tv screens for second series
ITV Studios and Pukeko Pictures have been commissioned by CITV to make a second series of Thunderbirds Are Go, the major new reinvention of the iconic children's show, ahead of the premiere of series one.
CITV has ordered a second 26 x 30' series of Thunderbirds Are Go to air in 2016 and 2017. The new children's series is set to premiere on ITV and CITV in spring 2015, 50 years after the TV debut of the classic show.
This follows the news that ITV Studios Global Entertainment has pre-sold the series to international broadcasters including TVNZ in New Zealand, Australia's Nine Network, Noga in Israel and pan-Arab broadcaster MBC.
Steve Green, EVP, Kids' Content and Distribution at ITV Studios Global Entertainment, said: "The unique mix of CGI animation and incredible model sets gives each episode of Thunderbirds Are Go a theatrical feel rarely seen in children's TV that has generated huge interest globally. Having 52 episodes of this quality takes our discussions to a new level."
Jamila Metran, Head of Programming for CITV, added: "I am delighted to confirm that a second series of Thunderbirds Are Go has been commissioned for CITV. We are so excited for the launch of our reboot of the iconic children's show and look forward to bringing the adventures of the five Tracey brothers to our audiences in 2015."
Featuring the world's most famous family of heroes, International Rescue, Thunderbirds Are Go will see the five brave Tracy brothers piloting their incredible vehicles into impossible rescues across the globe.
The cast is led by Rosamund Pike (The World's End, Gone Girl) as Lady Penelope and David Graham reprising his role as chauffeur and International Rescue agent Parker. Inventor Brains will be voiced by Kayvan Novak (Fonejacker, Facejacker). Tracy brothers Alan and Scott Tracy are both played by Rasmus Hardiker (Saxondale, Lead Balloon). David Menkin has been cast as both Virgil and Gordon Tracy. The fifth Tracy brother, John, will be played by Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Love Actually, Game of Thrones).
Thunderbirds Are Go is produced by ITV Studios and New Zealand-based Pukeko Pictures, in association with the world-famous Weta Workshop (Avatar, King Kong, The Lord of the Rings).
It is executive produced by Estelle Hughes for ITV Studios, Giles Ridge for ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) and Richard Taylor and Andrew Smith for Pukeko Pictures. The Head Writer is Rob Hoegee (Slugterra, Generator Rex, Teen Titans, League of Super Evil) and the Series Director is David Scott (LEGO Star Wars), with Theo Baynton (the WotWots) as Episodic Director. It was commissioned by Jamila Metran for CITV. ITV Studios Global Entertainment is the global distributor for the Thunderbirds Are Go television series and consumer products.