- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space: Episode 4 - Pet Shock Boys - Puppy Pan...
- Sci-Fi News: Twelfth Doctor's Second Sonic Screwdriver Blasts into Charac...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go takes-off for third series
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
A new science fiction, comic and gaming event is coming to the shores of North Wales this September with the announcement of Scifi Wales, North Wales' Premier Science Fiction Event in support of the Alzheimer's Society. Held at the impressive Venue Cymru in Llandudno, Scifi Wales has everything fans want for an amazing day out, and then a little more!
Famous faces at the event in Llandudno will include Robert Llewellyn (Red Dwarf), John Challis (Doctor Who / Only Fools and Horses), Caitlin Blackwood (Doctor Who), Virginia Hey (Mad Max 2 / James Bond / Farscape), Brian Wheeler (Star Wars), Richard James (Space Precinct) plus many more.
Scifi Wales is being organised by UK Conventions Limited, a company formed in 2001 as a hobby by the current owner and long time sci-fi fan Robert Dyer. A few years ago Robert took the decision to leave his day job and concentrate all of his efforts on running the company full-time, making plans for its first event. Robert Dyer says, "Unbelievably our first event was never going to be a full-blown convention, it was initially an 'evening with' event which drew so much attention from celebrities asking to be part of it, that we decided we needed to organise a much larger, mainstream event which we now know as Scifi Wales!"
With a small but dedicated team of Whovian's, Trekkie's and all-round sci-fi fanatics behind the company, Scifi Wales has already picked up a large following of faithful fans and the local support has been overwhelming. "We have some amazing fans who interact with us through social media on a daily basis, all of whom we can't wait to meet at Scifi Wales in September. We also have the support of some great local businesses within Llandudno and the surrounding areas, many approaching us to see what they can do to help out with Scifi Wales." said Robert.
For an event in its first year, Scifi Wales is pleased to have secured many event exclusives including the only appearance in England & Wales in 2015 of Caitlin Blackwood who played the young Amelia Pond in BBC's Doctor Who, and the worldwide exclusive book launch for Gerry Anderson's Gemini Force One: Ghost Mine (Book two in the commissioned three-book series by author M.G. Harris). Robert said, "We love sci-fi and we hope everyone will support this new event. Llandudno is just over 1 hour away from locations such as Manchester, Staffordshire and Cheshire so is accessible to a lot of people, and with Llandudno being recently crowned best destination in Wales and third in the UK after London and Edinburgh, we truly hope Scifi Wales will appeal to the larger sci-fi, comic and gaming community from all over the UK."
Scifi Wales takes place on Saturday, 5th September 2015 at Venue Cymru in Llandudno, North Wales. Tickets start at just £10.00 and are available to purchase online at www.scifi.wales and by calling the Venue Cymru box office on 01492 872000.