- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space: Episode 4 - Pet Shock Boys - Puppy Pan...
- Sci-Fi News: Twelfth Doctor's Second Sonic Screwdriver Blasts into Charac...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go takes-off for third series
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options announces Limited Edition Doctor Who Action Figures!
- Sci-Fi News: London Fans React to Game of Thrones Season 5 Finale
- Sci-Fi News: Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
- Sci-Fi News: Sci-fi celebrities descend on Llandudno for Scifi Wales this September
- Sci-Fi News: Cops and Monsters the Mini Series launches funding for 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Strangeness in Space - A new fan-funded comedy sci-fi audio ...
- Sci-Fi News: THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO... on the Thames!
- Sci-Fi News: Doctor Who reveals Maisie Williams as guest star
- Sci-Fi News: Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains pictures revealed
- Sci-Fi News: The Vampire Diaries 2015
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go new-look Tracy brothers are F.A.B.
- Sci-Fi News: Scifi News talks to Richard James about his time on Space Pr...
- Sci-Fi News: Zelda's Night Before Christmas: Anderson Entertainment relea...
- Sci-Fi News: Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
- Sci-Fi News: Llandudno to Host New Annual Science Fiction Convention
- Sci-Fi News: Character Options unveil Twelfth Doctor 3.75 inch figure as ...
- Sci-Fi News: Ben Miller to guest star in Doctor Who
Colin Baker Short "Last Man on Earth" Seeks Crowdfunders
The makers of a new Sci Fi thriller starring former Doctor Who Colin Baker have launched a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to help fund production costs.
Colin Baker - who played the sixth Doctor during a two-season spell in the mid 80s - returns to the Sci Fi genre playing a virologist in Last Man on Earth - a 20-min pre-apocalypse short film shooting in Manchester in late July.
"(Writers) Jack Levy and Darren Langlands have written a brilliant script... I'm looking forward to filming it. I hope you enjoy watching it," says Baker.
"We're hugely excited to have someone of Colin's Sci Fi calibre on board - we can't wait to get started!" says Director Darren Langlands.
Last man on Earth focuses on two virologists searching for a cure to cancer. Without giving too much away it builds up to where a lot of other Post Apocalyptic stories begin.
There are a variety of perks available for contributors including autographed scripts, copies of the final film, a private message from Colin Baker and even the chance to share the screen with The Doctor himself. Each perk also includes a donation to actual cancer research charities.
The team behind the film are a diverse group of multi award winning creatives based in Manchester, UK.
"Manchester is such an exciting and vibrant place to be for indie filmmaking at the moment," says Langlands. "Collectively, our team has had their films shown at film festivals all over the world. We're keen to showcase the film as a proof of concept - and the crowd funding is essential to helping us tell the story in the most impactful way possible."
Last man on Earth will be submitted to a range of genre and other film festivals following completion of post production in early 2016. Almost all contributors will get an exclusive look at the film before anyone else. The crowdfunding campaign for Last Man on Earth can be viewed at http://igg.me/at/lmoe. The campaign is seeking £10,000 ahead of the main shoot in late July.